Welcome

Welcome

Connect With Me

The Face Shop FACE it Aqua CC Starter Review

Thursday 9 July 2015




Hey there all you lovely girls (and perhaps some guys)!


I am finally drawing out some time to follow up on my one of my blog post regarding my daily make-up routine a couple of weeks ago! (click here to read)


Before I blog about the CC cream, I'd prefer to first talk about the FACE it Aqua CC Starter from The Face Shop, which I am currently using (almost daily) before I apply my CC cream.

Updated: FACE it Aura CC Cream Review






What is this Aqua CC Starter?


It is simply a make-up base that also functions well as a mosturiser. 

By the name 'Aqua', you can easily guess what this make-up base does at the same time - moisturising and hydrating your skin. Not only that, it also contains SPF (Sun Protection Factor), protecting your skin against UVB rays which potentially causes sunburns (and skin cancer if your skin is left unprotected - the DNA in your skin cells gets damaged and builds up over time, possibly causing cells to grow out of control)

PA on the other hand, refers to Protection Grade of UV-A. 
(PA ++ provides moderate UVA protection)


For your information:

I read somewhere on the internet that a product with an SPF of 30 is good enough, and not recommended to go over 50 or below 30 
(as according to a director of dermatologic surgery and dermatology)


Do note that this make-up base is colour-less. I've read some reviews by others - they misread that this product has some tints of colouring - but don't be mistaken, it doesn't! 

The packaging only states that it helps to correct uneven skin tone and texture while being exclusively designed to maximise the feeling of CC cream.


*This product works really well with the FACE it Aura CC Cream from The Face Shop*






The Packaging




I'll be honest, I really love the look of the tube itself.

It is actually a very pale, light blue colour with a small greyish part at the top, with silver wordings.
I loved even more - the cover of the tube. The smooth, reflective silvery colour in my opinion, adds some classy feeling to it.

I'd give it's external visual a thumbs up! 






The texture of this product


The texture of the Aqua CC starter is just like that of a moisturiser and a little like a sunblock - I don't exactly know how I should describe it clearly, it is not sticky but a lil' liquidy which glides pretty well on your skin.  (I fell in love with it's texture and the moisturising feeling it gave me when I tried the tester at the store itself!!)

Some may find it a little sticky at first though, but you'll soon realise how it actually makes you feel refreshed with a cooling sensation after applying it! 
(It helps to add on some glow to your face too.)


I did not take a photo of the product itself, but you may watch my make-up video here (2:05 onwards)






Ingredients






As you can see, a lot of ingredients were used to make this product.

I'm far from being any cosmetics or skincare expert, neither am I as knowledgeable yet. 
But I believe that this is pretty common for most of us out there, who clearly do not understand the alien-looking names of the ingredients. 

Now, I may not be able to explain further on the ingredients used in the Aqua CC starter. 
However, in my opinion, to know whether or not the product is suitable for you, always test them out with the testers provided. 
(To check whether it's to your liking, what it does and whether your skin is actually sensitive to it)


Marcus, one of the sales staff at Plaza Sing's SaSa outlet, advised me that products with more ingredients are better - which however, I personally disagree with this. 
(Don't get me wrong, he is a very nice sales staff! Click here to read about my shopping experience at Sasa, Plaza Sing to find out more)


In my opinion, the more ingredients a product has DOES NOT necessarily mean that it is better.
Certain ingredients contain more than one function, hence lesser ingredients may have been used. 
In addition, there may be trade secret ingredients which can't be listed on the packaging. 


Either way, it depends on how you look at it. I'd say that sometimes, you'll really have to try out the product.
 
However, if you have an allergy, be sure that you check the list of ingredients to ensure that they don't affect you.






How to use the Aqua CC Starter?


In case you are not sure, this is used before you apply any make-up like your foundation, CC cream, etc. (But don't forget to carry out your usual morning skincare routine!!) 
Like some other users, you can also use this as a moisturiser in your skin care routine. 


Additionally, after applying the Aqua CC starter, you can choose to apply a thin layer of sunscreen for better protection. 
(Most girls put on a separate sunscreen before any make-up)

Or should I say, you must (try to). Even though your make-up products may have the ability like that of a sunscreen, it is never enough. 

If you don't use make-up, the sunscreen is usually the last step of a skincare routine.


I personally don't use additional sunscreen (as of now) since I am usually indoors, but I'll probably use sunscreen again once I head back to school the next semester. 

(The sunscreens from The Face Shop are pretty nice, I had some samples back then and I kind of used them when I go to school because it made my skin look more glowy & "clear"and protected my skin from harmful UV rays too!


The Aqua CC starter is pretty easy to apply. You need not squeeze out too much of an amount, an approximate size of your small & cute little nails is good enough for your whole face! 
You can though, adjust to your own preference. 

Be warned however, that the first few times of usage when the tube is so full, loads of it squirts out at once (i really hated it, but I soon got used to adjusting it anyway!)






Why should you use Aqua CC Starter?


Definitely, a make-up base is important & an essential in your make-up routine. It especially helps to maximise your make-up (e.g. foundation, BB/CC cream, etc.) 

I also feel that it helps to protect your pores from being clogged up too much. 
(But of course, removing your make-up properly and cleansing your face well is the most significant factor in such prevention)

Furthermore, like I said again & again - it protects you from harmful UV rays & helps to keep your skin hydrated and moisturised.
(No feelings of dryness on your skin at all!) 


All-in-all: worth trying, and it also helps in the steps to achieve the Korean dewy look as well!





Will I repurchase or recommend it?


Yes! It doesn't cause me any breakouts and I simply love how it moisturises my skin and keeps it freshly hydrated even after I apply my CC cream. 

It adds some glow and brightens up my face slightly even without the CC cream!

One tube of this goodness was very worth my money - guess how long one of this lasts for me?


Almost 6 months and STILL counting.


On certain days I use more than usual, sometimes by accident. 
However surprisingly, the whole tube - although finishing since a couple of months ago - still has a fair amount left for me to use, probably at least for the next 2 weeks to a month!

I was really surprised because I pretty much use it daily since I am on internship. (Or perhaps I used it very sparingly) 

But.. 

Not too bad I'd say!! I believe one tube like this was around $25? It is way too long ago for me to remember, but definitely less than $30. (Or was it even cheaper...)


So yes, I strongly recommend you all to try this out if you are searching for a make-up base. 
(What's better than one that focuses on your skincare?)





I hope this review was useful to some keen & potential buyers of this product!!
Feel free to ask me questions if there's any & stay tuned for my review on FACE it Aura CC Cream!




Watch my daily make-up routine video here




Related posts:
4 Simple Steps of a Daily Make-up Routine: Achieving The Korean Dewy look
The Face Shop FACE it Aura CC Cream Review




4 comments:

  1. hi, thanks for your review! it is informative and useful!! I also bought this product recently. but I am confusing when should I apply this cc starter..
    1. Primer 2. CC starter 3. CC cream? Or this CC starter itself can be primer that can use after applying day cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I am really sorry for such a late reply!!

      Thank you for your comment, I am glad that it helped you! I did not use any primer beforehand, so basically I actually used this as a primer/make-up base itself. I applied this CC Starter right after my last step of my skincare routine before I used my CC Cream. E.g, my last step was a moisturiser, so my next step was the CC Starter, and then my CC Cream.

      Therefore, you can use it after applying your day cream if that is your last step of your skincare routine :-)

      Hope this helped you, have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, we will wait for your next article so only. Please Visit unicvv.ru .

    ReplyDelete

Popular

Blog Archive